Monday, April 6, 2015

I Don't Celebrate Easter

What is Easter?

The Story

I got your attention. Now let's talk about Easter Sunday. We celebrate the fact that God sent his only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. The sins we commit every day. The ones we are to ask forgiveness for. Those are the sins that hung our redeemer on the cross. Those are the ones that shed his blood with a crown of thorns. Those sins that we should be punished for are the ones he bore for us. It is by pure grace that we are saved. The grace of Christ. And because he lives we have hope. But wait, he died on the cross, yes he did, but three days later his tomb was empty, the stone was rolled away and our Christ Jesus rose from the dead. That is what Easter Sunday is all about.

The Problem

During this blog you probably were thinking "there is no problem" I'm sorry to say, you're wrong. There is a big problem. Why is it only celebrated on this specific day? Before you crunch all the numbers between Passover and the resurrection hear me out. It should be celebrated everyday, every hour, every minute and every second. Christ died and rose again for YOU! Yet most of us put aside one day to acknowledge that. My Jesus washed away my daily sins, so why not honor and thank him daily? Don't get me wrong here, I love Easter Sunday. It's a great time to get the family together and enjoy the company of one another. But, just like Christmas, why does it only have to be once? Everyday should a celebration of Christ's birth, life, death and resurrection. For our debts have been paid.

The Solution

Practice makes perfect. It is important to have that special day to celebrate but it is vital to celebrate everyday.
"But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. That is worthy of daily praise.

Fashion Fun!

This week I have been spending my time in sunny Florida with my cousin Holly and her family. Yes, I am blogging while laying out by the pool :) today's fashion fun will be what I wore yesterday and today, enjoy,
My daily attire this week! Oakley bathing suit and sunglasses from Soul of the Rose an adorable new boutique where I live. 

Florida family makes my heart happy!

Chevron skirt from my mom (she has great taste) and blue shirt, which is about 5 years old
Be a Blessing
Miss Goff

No comments:

Post a Comment