Sunday, April 5, 2015

Airplanes..and their ports

Yikes

The Story

I hate flying but I love the sunshine. I gotta get to that sun somehow. As a teacher, Easter break comes at just the right time. The time where I start getting irritated about how I am teaching, how students are responding and how my patience has thinned, immensely. Mainly how I just need to adapt to fourth quarter craziness. 


The Problem

I just hate flying. I enjoy talking to the poor people that get seated next to me, but I hate flying. However, I love being crispy tan and I need to get there quick. So I suck it up and I fly. Upon my arrival to Florida, I stopped in Atlanta. I am not much of a bar goer, but this turkey sandwich JUMPED off the menu to me. There is a place called Tap that is a smoking bar. I do not smoke, never have, never will, but it is very interesting to talk to people who do. I met some gentlemen who are part of an "ecigarette" group. They were in here making the room completely smoky and I asked why their smoke smelled so much better than others to which they replied it was "vapor" which is much different than regular tobacco, apparently.  I mean smoke is smoke, let's be honest. No offense to any smokers, a lot of my friends do it, including my bf, but it's just gross to me. When I got to the smoking bar I texted my dad and said "they have a smoking bar!!!! How crazy is that???" To which he replied "yes, something we often forget about" I felt like a country mouse in the city. It literally boggled my mind and I was blown away by it. 

The Solution

After I finished my amazing sandwich I left the bar. In which I looked up some verses about smoking, my favorite is: I Corinthians 6:20 " for you were bought with a price so glorify God in your body".. I mean let's be honest with ourselves, we all mess up. Period. But we have a chance for redemption. We can be changed and not be addicted to something that doesn't glorify Him. That goes for everything, not just smoking. So be the difference. Be a smart person and don't get caught up in the worldly attractions. It's something that I struggle deeply with, trust me. 


Fashion Fun

So since I was on a plane, I was comfy...
I wore my favorite leggings from H&M, Dierks Bently shirt and hat my boyfriend bought me :)
                                              


Be a Blessing
Miss Goff

No comments:

Post a Comment