Thursday, March 26, 2015

Anxious

Anxiety, We All Have It.

The Problem

No matter if it's taking a huge test for my teaching license, the first day of school, meeting someone new or even just doing something different, anxiety is something I have a hard time dealing with. 

The Story

Yesterday I took one of my teaching tests (before you ask, I wont know my score for about a month). It was 2 1/2 hours long, at a computer screen, being video taped, with ZERO talking (even though I was alone). It was a high intensity setting with my future riding on it. I did my best to sleep well, tried to calm my nerves but the overwhelming amount of pressure took over. Last week, I had a break down because I was so nervous for this test. I tried many things, essential oils (which totally worked! I will FOREVER diffuse Peace and Calming in my house! IN LOVE!), sleeping as often as possible, breathing techniques, trying to get my mind off of it, but those nerves crept right back up. There was only one main thing that helped...

The Solution

Before I dive right into the solution, I have to give you some background information. To start, I follow it super inspiring lady on Instagram (Crystal) that has these AMAZING study bibles. They have the reading in the middle and room for notes on the sides. I am obsessed with them! She has a drawing that at the end of each month she gives one away to a random person on her page. Knowing that I usually don't win things, I inquired about how to get one of these bibles. Someone responded to my my post and told me to e-mail her, so I did. What happened next brought tears to my eyes and completely warmed my heart. She told me that she had accidentally ordered an extra one and would love to send it to me.  I asked if I could pay her for it and she refused and gave it to me as a gift. This may be one of the sweetest things that has ever happened to me. I do not know her from Adam and she just did this out of the kindness of her heart. And to make things even BETTER, I was very bitter, yes this happens more than I would like, one day and I had a slip in the mail to pick up something from the post office. I was grumpy because my day was packed, I was already late, and I don't understand why the mail men can't drop off the package! URGH! In to the post office I went and there was a long line, which made me more late and more bitter, finally I get this package and I am confused because I don't recognize the name. It was my wonderful bible AND a whole bunch of goodies! Chocolates (love), stamps, CHEVRON sticky tabs, a beautiful card and magnet and of course, the bible. I instantly cried because God knew I needed that package that day. THANK YOU ERIN !
So now that you know the back story, that one main thing that helped was: God's Word. 
I started studying immediately on being anxious. Luke 12:34 told me "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" if I put my treasure in God's plan then my anxiety will disappear because the decision of the passing of this test has already be decided and it is out of my control.

Here are my goodies!!!!

LOVE!

Fashion Fun!

Today was "No Uniform Day!" (I love these days!) I paired my Maurices "jeggings" with my comfy maroon sweater (from the Closet of Ashley) with my adorable leopard flats! I am also able to wear this outfit out for a fun night with my mom and aunt at our Wine and Canvas night!

Be a Blessing
-Ms. Goff


No comments:

Post a Comment