Friday, March 20, 2015

Acrobat

Acrobat


The story


So to be a teacher, you have to get a 4 year bachelors degree in education. Once you have crossed that stage, with diploma in hand, you cheer and a sense of relief comes over you. A great accomplishment that you worked so hard for! It's finally over and you can have a career.

STOP RIGHT THERE!

Savor that moment for about 30 seconds. Next you need to take these three tests, then you need to do your residency and to pass that you have to video yourself teaching, dissect every second of it, repeatedly state what you are actually teaching in multiple different ways to accommodate people who don't even know what is really required of you. Then what that is finished you have to back to school to get your masters and continue to attend conferences and classes to get mandatory "hours" toward the career you already  have. 


The problem

I. Am. Not. An. Acrobat. 
If I wanted to jump through hoops I would have become one. This occurred to me as I was stressing over one of those teaching tests I have to take. It's discouraging. It's scary. It's nerve wrecking. I am sick and tired of bending over backwards for people who don't respect, understand or appreciate what teachers do.

This is not a "woe is me" post. I understand I picked this profession. I get that I have put myself in this position, but I don't understand how it is so low on the totem pole. If it wasn't for teachers, you wouldn't have graduated 6th grade, high school or college. The most influential profession is the one that lacks respect.

The Solution

I am still searching for one. 

In the mean time, I am keeping this verse in mind: Philippians 4: 6-7 " do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present you requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and you minds in Christ Jesus

Fashion Fun!

Even though it's the first day of spring, I wore black. 

A comfy outfit was a must after we had late volleyball games last night. 

I wore black skinnys, shirt and scarf, paired with a GREAT tribal patter!

Be A Blessing
Miss Goff



No comments:

Post a Comment