Monday, March 16, 2015

Priceless

Priceless 



The Story

It's Monday.

The Problem

It's Monday. Monday. Monday. Monday! I have such a hard time getting out of bed in the morning on Monday-Friday. It's such a struggle. On this particular morning, I got up, let the dog out, went to make breakfast and my milk was spoiled. Packed my lunch and my lunch box is missing. Went to let the dog in...SHE GOT OFF HER LEASH! Oh great morning it was. Upon showing up to school I realized I how grumpy I actually was when I started my daily prep for the day. I wanted to throw in the towel, call it quite, leave, hasta la vista, baby!  

Then, one of my students came in and said "Guess What!!!!!!!!" and without having my coffee I groggily replied with "uggggggg yes??" just as excited as the before, she said "I was saved this weekend and I am going to be baptized!!" It hit me. It hit me hard. This was amazing. This was exciting and exhilarating. She has found the priceless gift of God and she wants to share it with ME! My heart rejoiced, my eyes watered and the words "Praise the Lord!" came blubbering out of my mouth. She did it. She really did it. This 10 year old girl has realized the importance of having Jesus as our one true Savior! She single handedly changed my Monday. 

The problem is, if a 10 year old can figure it out, why cant grown adults? 

The Solution

During reading groups we read a story about a pearl diver who was trying to buy his way to Heaven by doing good things. He had son who found the perfect pearl, and it retrieving it, he lost his life. The diver wanted to give this priceless gift to someone he loved dearly, however, this person wanted to pay him for the expensive pearl. The friend showed him how the pearl was like God's salvation. God's salvation costs too much for us to ever be able to pay for it. He wants to give it to us because He loves us so much. The diver wanted to give the pearl to his friend because he cared so much about him. Just like God does for us. 

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
I John 5:11-12

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works. least any man should boast."
Ephesians 2: 8-9

Come to Jesus, and live.



Fashion Fun!

Today I rocked my new scarf from Brina Box. I LOVE the pattern!!!! It was a complete glasses and sock bun day. I also love wearing my Agape sweatshirt because it says "Miss Goff" :)



Be a blessing!
-Miss Goff




No comments:

Post a Comment