Monday, October 5, 2015

Single and Not Waiting

The Story

I am assuming that most of the people who read this know me personally. Therefore you know that all my life I have wanted to get married and have babies, like yesterday. I love kids (hence the teaching career) and have wanted some of my own for a long time. As some of my friends get married and start a family it is hard to not let you biological clock tick louder. I try to tell myself that my life plans are not in my control but some days are harder than others. 

The Problem

Being single used to be very hard for me. I don't like to be alone, never have, but I also don't like being in a relationship that isn't going anywhere. When it comes to dating, I am a "in it for the long haul" type of person. I don't do it for fun. I have recently turned over a new leaf, the single life is working for me!

The Solution

I am making myself better. I am being the best me for me so that when God sends me my husband I am ready. I don't know him yet, but I want to be the best version of myself for him. I want to be successful, energetic, healthy and full of love. I want to be ready when he comes. 

As profound as that sounds, I did not come up with that on my own. A dear friend of mine has really instilled that in me. Since we started coaching together she has really brought to my attention how being alone doesn't mean being lonely. How staying single doesn't mean there's no one out there for me. Lastly, how men don't define my happiness, I do. She recently sent me this article, which is SO worth the read. 


I am who I am because of Him. 
I am where I am because of Him.
I will be where He wants me to be
Because that is His plan.

Fashion fun!

Vest: j,crew 
Jeggings: Maurie's
Boots: Bass and Co
Scarf: Brina Box
Shirt: Old Navy
Boot Socks: knitted by a former student
A great outfit for a day outside exploring God's beautiful creation! Love Field Trips!

Rocked another scarf from Brina Box with my comfy Agape sweatshirt!

Another comfy outfit! Stole this sweater from Windsor at the end of the season last year. Paired it with a black shirt from White House Black Market, black pants and boots form Bass and Co.

Got a new do! Love! Chunky sweater from Bass and Co and scarf from a former student!

Be a Blessing
Miss Goff

No comments:

Post a Comment