Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Someone who...

Someone Who I Used to know

The Story

I recently lost someone I care very much for. Someone who knew all of my secrets, weaknesses and strengths. Someone who changed me. And even though I lost a friend, someone I loved, I learned something about myself, it's not my plan.

When I was in high school I had a very calculated life plan. At 11 I knew I wanted to be a teacher, at 16 I started working toward that by working with children and organizing VBS at my church. At 18 I went to Auburn to be a teacher. At 20 I declared my major for Middle Childhood Education and at 23 I graduated from college with my degree in MCED, lastly at 24 I accepted my first teaching job and rocked it!

The Problem

But what about the rest of me? What about the rest of my life plan? I was supposed to be married by 23, have my first child at 25, second at 27, third at 29 and last at 31. I was supposed to be young wife and mother. Someone who could keep up with their kids. Someone that had it all. How can I not be successful in love? How am I losing this battle? Why can't I find someone to live out my life with?

The Solution

Sometimes it seems like I failed and sometimes it feels as if it will never happen and then I see things like this:
"For I know the plans I have for you"
Says the Lord
"They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope"
Jeremiah 29:11

So it's not about me and my life plan. It's not about what I want to happen and what I think I need. It's all about what He has planned. About the plan He made for me before I was even thought of. The life He expects me to live. My plans mean nothing. My future is out of my control and my hands. To know that my life is being taken care of, that I am being taken care of, is freeing, and relieving. 

That "someone who I used to know" is someone in my past, the old me. The person that believed that I could change my destiny. The person who didn't think she deserved the world. I can say that even though it still hurts, everything happens for a reason and sometimes it takes losing someone to realize how truly great you are. I know, I know, cliche. 
Get over it :)

Fashion Fun! 

This past weekend some of my great friends and I went to Pittsburgh to see Shania Twain in concert. I have been to many concerts before, but this was the best one yet! I spent it with some awesome people and Shania ROCKED that place!


I wore my friends plaid shirt, my new BKE shorts from the Buckle and my most favorite cowboy boots from the Boot Corral. 
anddddd I had to add the puppy I rescued, Grigio, because on most days, he rescues me. 
Be a Blessing
Miss Goff


No comments:

Post a Comment